Parent Training Aligned to Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Goals and Mindfulness
1. Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP), book and course by Dinkmeyer and McKay, is a positive and encouraging approach to discipline for children from birth to adolescence, inclusive of "natural and logical consequences" .
2. No Drama Discipline and The Whole Brain Child, books by Neuropsychiatrist Dr. Dan Siegel (UCLA School of Medicine), present the latest neuroscientifically-based strategies to nurture your child's developing brain.
These elements are combined in a 14 hour course (7 sessions of 2 hours length) for parents in the evening in schools, or at Community Centers and churches, for the parents of Greater Hartford. Videos, role plays, parent-friendly readings and more make this course into active learning and FUN!
Join with other parents to learn effective strategies for the challenges of our hardest and most rewarding
Watch this space for fall schedules of course offerings and their locations and times.
Teachers and Non-Certified Staff Training
This staff training course includes all elements of the Parent Training Course in column one, adapted to school staff and teachers' roles in schools. Total staff training (certified and non) provides a common knowledge of specialized vocabulary and classroom management techniques, based on the latest neuroscienetific research, empowering the entire school community with aligned strategies and knowledge. When all school personnel speak to children in a consistent way, using positive and encouraging discipline strategies, students' academic skill, health, and well being have the best chance of developing.
Call to arrange:
1. The 14 hour STEP/No Drama Discipline Course to be taught to parents or staff in your local school, community center, or church, or
2. Elect our 6 hour course in The Fundamentals of Mindfulness . (Click on Mindfulness pages above for more information.) or
3. Combine both above courses for 20 hours of professional training for all adults working with children to transform your school, program or community.
860 207 1241