"Parenting with the Brain in Mind" Aligned to
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Goals and Mindfulness
1. No Drama Discipline and The Whole Brain Child, books by Neuropsychiatrist Dr. Dan Siegel (UCLA School of Medicine), present the most effective parenting strategies to nurture your child's developing brain.
- combined with -
2. Key strategies from Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP), book and course by Dinkmeyer and McKay, the positive and encouraging approach to discipline for children from birth to adolescence, inclusive of "natural and logical consequences" .
These elements are combined in a 14 hour evening course (7 sessions of 2 hours length), for the parents of Greater Hartford. Videos, role plays, parent-friendly readings and more make this course into active learning and FUN!
Join with other parents to learn effective strategies for the challenges of our hardest and most rewarding
Registration for fall course Available Now! Monday evenings 6-8 PM
September 23 - November 4, 2019
Breakthrough North Magnet School
395 Lyme St., Hartford, CT
"Teaching with the Brain in Mind"
This staff training course includes all elements of the Parent Training Course (column one), adapted to school staff and teachers' roles in schools. Total staff training (certified and non) provides a common knowledge of specialized vocabulary and classroom management techniques, based on the latest neuroscienetific research, empowering the entire school community with aligned strategies and knowledge. When all school personnel speak to children in a consistent way, using positive and encouraging discipline strategies, students' academic skill, health, and well being have the best chance of developing.
Call to arrange:
1. The 14 hour "Teaching with the Brain in Mind" Course to be taught to parents or staff in your local school, community center, or church, and/or
2. Elect our 6 hour course in The Fundamentals of Mindfulness . (Click on Mindfulness pages above for more information.) or
3. Combine both above courses for 20 hours of professional training for all adults working with children to transform your school, program or community.